Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Living with Daily Pain

All of my life, I have been in the Health Care Industry on the other side of the fence. I was one that did the billing and admitting clerk. I've seen cases come and go, not really paying attention to the customer as a whole. There were a few patients that I got to know and care for but I hate to say it, too busy doing my job to really get to know them and their pains. Since joining with Visalus, I brought my people caring skills many levels higher. I now get to know them as friends. I get to know their Why's.. What makes them tick, what are they going through at home, how can I help them become better? This is what I was meant to do and where I was meant to be...
I married a man 12 years ago who developed Fibromyalgia and Neuropathy. I could not understand this disease and the more I read up on it, the more I got to know and understand it... I understand that it's serious stuff we are dealing with... I then developed Diabetes non insulin dependent and recently being in a car accident, developed neuropathy. So many of these diseases that we are talking about is Nerve pain. When you run into an old friend or even a new friend, Ask them, How are you feeling today? Sometimes they look fine on the outside but feel like crap on the inside and all they want is someone to talk to, that cares about them. Do you have what it takes?

No comments: