Friday, January 14, 2011

Have you ever wondered?

Have you ever wondered where you came from? No, not from your parents but really came from. What is your family history? I was always told the family comes from Franklin, TN. You have a Cherokee background but that was about it. I knew nothing of my family, what they were like or who they were. I started talking to a Cousin yesterday and we thought wouldn't this be fun and educational for the younger generation.
Heck, I want to know if my relative was Sitting Bull or a Gunslinger. (That may explain my need for nature and excitement)

Just in the past 12 hours I have names dating back to the 1800's. No exciting stories to tell yet, except maybe my Grandmothers house is sitting underneath a lake in Franklin, TN. I told my cousin, who shall remain nameless to put on his scuba gear cause were going under. Wouldn't it be amazing if we found something magical?

I may be dreaming and I told my dad of my plans and he said, What if you find something you don't want to know? You have to dig up the bad with the good. I said I have to take what I get but don't really want the bad. But right now I will take what I get.

I would love to take a Thelma and Louise trip, just pack up the car and head North until I get to Franklin. We shall see what happens.

No comments: